The AvantGrand Series
* Yamaha AvantGrand Pianos *
The AvantGrand series offers the perfect piano for pianists who require a great touch, beautiful sound, small footprint, moderate price and no tuning costs. Yamaha created the AvantGrand, the world’s first and only true hybrid piano. Firstly, to satisfy a need that could not be served by digital pianos that just don’t feel like acoustic pianos, or by traditional acoustic pianos that have higher prices, larger footprints, and regular maintenance requirements. Secondly, a true hybrid piano is enabled by digital elements for the sound but also real mechanical elements for the touch. In the AvantGrand, the digital elements are as good as they get. Thirdly, an absolute spectacular sampling of the acclaimed CFIIIS concert grand and highly advanced sound reproduction make it sound like a fine acoustic piano. The first of its kind action combines a modified acoustic piano action with the new Tactile Response System that recreates the vibrations that until now were absent from digital pianos. An action that feels like the real thing because it is the real thing!
Yamaha AvantGrand Pianos / Hybrid models include the NU1X, N1X, N2 and N3X
Yamaha AvantGrand Pianos:
- weighs only 35% of a traditional concert grand piano because it doesn’t have the heavy cast iron plate, the massive rim or the hardwood laminate pinblock that acoustic pianos have
- takes up 50% less space than a traditional concert grand piano because it doesn’t have the expansive soundboard of an acoustic piano
- needs no tuning because there are no strings
- feels like a high-quality acoustic piano because it has the exact same action as in a high-quality acoustic piano and recreates the vibrations felt with an acoustic piano
- has a moderate price because it doesn’t contain many of the expensive elements that are required in a traditional acoustic piano. A great New York Times article & video by David Pogue that illustrates the AvantGrand’s amazing capabilities.