$12,799.99 – $14,199.99
Financing Options Available at Checkout
Every Yamaha digital piano that we sell:
- FREE Shipping*
- FREE 5 year Full Trade-in Allowance
- FREE 5 year Yamaha factory warranty
- FREE Matching Bench
- FREE Product Support
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- Read our Customer Reviews!
*Available only in the mainland contiguous U.S. (piano setup is additional).
We carry the full lineup of Yamaha Clavinova Digital Pianos. See them all- click here
Smart Pianist for Yamaha CVP809
Anyone can enjoy the piano more with Smart Pianist, a dedicated app for smart devices that provides various music-related functions when connected to a compatible Yamaha digital piano.
*Depending on which Yamaha digital piano you use Smart Pianist with, specific features are available. Please refer to the web page of your digital piano at usa.yamaha.com for details.
The Yamaha CVP809 Clavinova
Two world class concert grands in one digital piano
Featured in the Yamaha CVP809
The Yamaha CFX, our flagship 9’ concert grand piano, offers sparkling highs and a powerful resonant bass with a sound that projects to the furthest reaches of any concert hall. The Bösendorfer Imperial is a piano known throughout its long history for its classic Viennese sound. Both are outstanding pianos characterized by distinctive traits of power, versatility, subtlety and lightness. Both are found only in a Clavinova digital piano.
VRM physical modeling—the distinctive reverberation generated by the entire body of a concert grand piano
In a grand piano, sound resonates throughout the body of the instrument, producing a rich reverberation that envelops the listener in sound. This phenomena is reproduced perfectly in the Clavinova through enhanced Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM). It calculates the various states of the strings for each of the 88 notes on the keyboard, from one instant to the next, and timing and depth of damper pedals pressed. This technology allows for vivid, bright, richly-varied expression that reflects the limitless number of factors inherent in piano performance.
From staccato to legato—superbly expressive sound that responds to the player’s touch
Featuring Yamaha Smooth Release technology, the Yamaha CVP809 Clavinova offers the crisp tone heard when playing staccato as well as the lingering sound produced by releasing the keys more. This provides finely-nuanced response to the pianist’s playing.
Smooth tonal transformations perfectly matched to key pressure
Sound in an acoustic piano attenuates over a long time. Pianists can change the volume of the sound—as well as its dynamics—to achieve both mellow and bright tones by simply changing the pressure they apply to the keys.
- Key-Off samples
The moment a pianist’s fingers are lifted from the keys of a grand piano, subtle changes occur in the instrument’s tone as the damper is lowered onto the strings to mute its sound. Key-Off samples features actual recordings of these changes, offering a faithful reproduction of the most subtle changes in the piano’s sound, allowing for a more realistic performance.
- A fully immersive concert grand experience—even with headphones
Yamaha’s advanced binaural sampling technology uses samples from the CFX, Yamaha’s acclaimed concert grand piano, recorded with specialized microphones that capture locational information and other nuances discerned by the human ear. The resulting sound is so natural, so enveloping, that you’ll soon forget you’re even wearing headphones at all.
Once you choose the Yamaha CFX Grand Voice and put headphones on, the binaural sampled sound is automatically ready and no additional settings are required. Now with or without headphones, you can fully enjoy the concert grand experience at home.
- The Stereophonic Optimizer—a new kind of headphone experience
When using headphones, the Stereophonic Optimizer lets players enjoy the dispersed sound heard when sitting in front of an acoustic piano. With the Stereophonic Optimizer, Voices sampled from acoustic pianos* appear to come from the body of the instrument. This provides a comfortable, natural experience that removes the drawbacks of performing with headphones.
* The CFX Voice utilizes binaural sampling technology
- Steam wirelessly with Bluetooth® audio
You can play music through the audio system on the Clavinova by using a Bluetooth-enabled smart device. Enjoy playing along with any songs on your smart device as you stream audio such as mp3 files.
- Multi-track Song Recorder
The recording function featured in Clavinova digital pianos allows you to record your performances* with a single touch, which is useful when you want to review your playing objectively. Additionally, you can record up to 16 tracks for simultaneous playback, so different hands can be recorded separately or overdub parts with different Voices.
* Recordings are made in MIDI format, and can also be recorded to USB flash memory. Compatible software is required for playback of recorded data on a computer.
- USB Audio Recorder
Record performances to USB flash memory and create audio files* you can save and play back on a computer, share with friends or create a CD.
* Data is saved in WAV or mp3 format
- USB Connectivity
Connect the Yamaha CVP809 Clavinova to a computer or a USB memory device to manage your library.
Touch & Feel
Built on a Legacy of Concert Grand Piano Craftsmanship
Grand Piano keyboards are characterized by a light feel when played gently, and a heavier feel when played with more strength. Conversely, a non-grand piano keyboard has a uniform resistance regardless of whether the player uses a gentle or heavy touch. This has traditionally been one of the most significant differences between the touch of a grand piano and that of a digital piano. However, when developing GrandTouch keyboard action, Yamaha sought to reproduce the true key resistance that is unique to the grand piano, with greater fidelity. The result is an instrument with a more responsive touch, offering a greater dynamic range than ever before. Now you can experience a much more controlled, nuanced sound when playing softly, or powerful, brighter tones when playing with a stronger touch — just like that of a grand piano.
Achieve True Balance
Pianists prefer grand pianos not only because of the way they sound, but also because of the way the keys respond to their touch. When grand piano keys are struck, there is a certain weight or resistance to the touch. Similarly, when keys are released, they return to a resting position based on the balance between the key and the internal mechanics of the keyboard. It is difficult to reproduce the natural return of the keys of a grand piano in a digital piano, due to differences in the mechanics. Yamaha carefully studied these characteristics when developing the GrandTouch keyboard, and has now reproduced this fine balance in the Clavinova digital piano. The result is GrandTouch – detailed grand piano feel that allows for uniform tone control, precise rhythm and smooth melodic expression – fundamental to an exceptional musical performance.
Every single key on a grand piano keyboard is weighted differently. This is because the strings for each note are slightly thinner and shorter in the treble register, becoming thicker and longer towards the bass register. The 88-key Linear Graded Hammers of the Clavinova is the first-of-its-kind to faithfully duplicate this graded touch with differing weights and key return on each one of its keys. This results in a feel and response that is astonishingly like that of a grand piano, and allows players to gain an appreciation of a more authentic touch.
Yamaha CVP809 Specifications
(* = changes from CVP805 model)
- Width: 1,426 mm (56-1/8") (Polished finish: 1,429 mm (56-1/4"))
- Height: 868 mm (34-3/16") (Polished finish: 872 mm (34-5/16"))
- Depth: 612 mm (24-1/8") (Polished finish: 612 mm (24-1/8"))
- Weight: 82 kg (180 lb, 12 oz) (Polished finish: 84 kg (185 lbs., 3 oz))
- Number of Keys: 88
- Type GrandTouch™ Keyboard: wooden keys (white only), synthetic ebony and ivory key tops, escapement
- Touch Sensitivity Hard2, Hard1, Medium, Soft1, Soft2
- 88-key Linear Graded Hammers: Yes
- * Counterweight: Yes
- Number of Pedals: 3
- Half Pedal: Yes
- Functions: Sustain, Sostenuto, Soft, Glide, Song Play/Pause, Style Start/Stop, Volume, etc.
- Display Type: TFT Color LCD
- * Size: 9.0 inch (800 x 480 dots)
- LCD Brightness: Yes
- Touch Screen: Yes
- Color: Yes
- Score Display Function: Yes
- Lyrics Display Function: Yes
- Text Viewer Function: Yes
- Languages: English, Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Italian
- Panel Language: English only
- Key Cover Style: Folding
- Music Rest: Yes
- Music Clips: Yes
- Tone Generation: Piano Sound Yamaha CFX, Bösendorfer Imperial
- Binaural Sampling: Yes (CFX Grand Voice only)
- Key-off Samples: Yes
- Smooth Release: Yes
- Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM): Yes
- Polyphony Number of Polyphony (Max.) 256
- * Preset Number of Voices: 1,605 Voices + 58 Drum/SFX Kits + 480 XG Voices
- * Featured Voices: 17 VRM Voices, 36 Super Articulation2 Voices, 301 Super Articulation Voices
- Custom Voice Edit: Yes
- Compatibility XG, GS (for Song playback), GM, GM2
- Reverb 65 Preset + 30 User
- * Chorus 107 Preset + 30 User
- Master Compressor 5 Preset + 30 User
- Master EQ 5 Preset + 30 User
- Part EQ 27 Parts
- Intelligent Acoustic Control (IAC): Yes
- Stereophonic Optimizer: Yes
- * Insertion Effect: 358 Preset + 30 User
- * Variation Effect: 358 Preset + 30 User
- Vocal Harmony: 54 Preset + 60 User
- Functions Dual/Layers: Yes
- Split: Yes
- * Number of Preset Styles: 675
- Fingering: Single Finger, Fingered, Fingered On Bass, Multi Finger, AI Fingered, Full Keyboard, AI Full Keyboard
- Style Control: INTRO x 3, MAIN VARIATION x 4, FILL x 4, BREAK, ENDING x 3
- Custom Style Creator: Yes
- One Touch Setting (OTS): 4 for each Style
- Chord Looper: Yes
- File Format Style: (SFF), Style File Format GE (SFF GE)
- Number of Preset Songs: 50 Classics + 303 Lesson Songs + 50 Popular
- Recording Number of Tracks: 16
- Data Capacity approx. 3 MB / Song
- Recording Function: Yes
- Compatible Data Format Playback: SMF (Format 0 & 1), XF/li>
- Recording: SMF (Format 0)
Storage and Connectivity
- Demo: Yes
- Number of Buttons: 8
- Control: Registration Sequence, Freeze
- Playlist Number of Records: 2,500 Records
- Lesson/Guide: Follow Lights, Any Key, Karao-Key, Your Tempo
- Guide Lamp: Yes
- Performance Assistant Technology (PAT): Yes
- Piano Room: Yes
- USB Audio Recorder Playback: WAV (44.1kHz, 16bit, stereo), MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)
- Recording: WAV (44.1kHz, 16bit, stereo), MP3 (MPEG-1 Audio Layer-3)
- USB Audio Time Stretch: Yes
- Pitch Shift: Yes
- Vocal Cancel: Yes
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 - 500, Tap Tempo
- Transpose: -12 - 0 - +12
- Tuning: 414.8 - 440 - 466.8 Hz (approx. 0.2 Hz increments)
- Scale Type: 9
- Display Out: Yes (by using a commercially available USB display adaptor)
- Bluetooth: Yes (Audio)
Amplifiers and Speakers
- Storage Internal Memory approx. 2 GB
- External Drives: USB Flash Drive
- Connectivity Headphones: Standard stereo phone jack (x2)
- Microphone Input Volume, Mic / Line In
- MIDI IN / OUT / THRU
- AUX IN Stereo mini
- AUX OUT L / L + R, R
- Auxiliary Pedal: Yes
- USB TO DEVICE: Yes (x 2)
- USB TO HOST: Yes
- * Amplifiers: (40W + 30W + 20W) × 2 + 80W
- * Speakers: (16 cm + 5 cm + 2.5 cm (dome)) × 2 + 20 cm, Spruce Cone Speaker, Twisted Flare Port
|Dimensions||24 × 56 × 34 in|
|Select Piano Case|
Matte Black, Polished Ebony, Polished White