Steinway Piano, Model Upright, 1895
Serial #84951 Steinway & Sons 54″ upright piano with two sculptured bronze sconces. The mahogany case is hand painted by Arthur E. Blackmore, showing pastoral scenes, classic motifs, floral decorations and leaf-sprays around centered vessels. The piano has recently been supefrbly restored with new strings and new action parts, so it is not only a fine work of art but also a magnificent instrument.
English-born artist Arthur E. Blackmore executed and signed the painting in 1895. Blackmore was employed as a Steinway artist for twenty years before succeeding J.Burr Tiffany, of the renowned Tiffany family of New York, as head of the art department at Steinway in 1913. Blackmore decorated only a small number of Steinway pianos, several of which are now exhibited throughout the United States.
We are owned and operated by professional pianists who are committed to achieving excellence in pianos. Each of our used upright pianos and used grand pianos is thoroughly evaluated by our expert technicians who then repair and restore them to the highest standards. We operate America’s largest and most advanced piano restoration facility; our commitment to quality is uncompromising and we earn our reputation every day.
All of our rebuilt and used pianos carry our best-in-class WARRANTY and TRADE UP POLICY.
*For this piano’s location, please contact the showroom nearest you (contact information is below).